Do you already have a LinkedIn profile? Are you giving it the care attention it really deserves? It may not seem like your biggest priority with deadlines looming and essays to write, but LinkedIn is a powerful tool that you might be missing out on and might even help you get the job you want after university. We have put together some interesting facts and 5 simple steps that anybody can use to improve their profile page.
Why Use LinkedIn?
- 433 million registered LinkedIn users as of 2016
- LinkedIn is used in 200 countries around the world
- Statistically people who list skills on their profile get 13 times more views
- 60% of the UK’s student and working population uses LinkedIn
- 1.2 million LinkedIn users in the UK changed employers in 2015
If you haven’t yet made a LinkedIn profile don’t panic!
Click the logo and get started.
5 Simple Steps To Improve Your LinkedIn Profile
- Join a LinkedIn group to keep up to date with topics in your industry.
- Have a professional photo taken for your profile picture. If you are in Law or Business make sure you are dressed smart or are wearing a suit. If you are involved in a more creative industry you may want to show more of your personality in your profile picture, but if in doubt it’s better to be conservative.
- Try to post about what you are working on or projects you have been involved in.
- Write a short description about yourself.
- Make sure your contact information includes your email address, a phone number a link to your website (if you have one) and your Twitter name.
For all these statistics and more follow the link: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2016-linkedin-stats-you-should-know-updated-katy-elle-blake